Entry level computer science graduate with a BA in physics and an MS in computer science. I transitioned into software development after teaching myself how to program while working in R&D as an experimental physicist.
COSI-12b Advanced Programming Techniques, Brandeis University
- Scheduled and lead one-on-one code reviews with students, held bi-weekly office hours, and assisted in running hour-long recitations reviewing the Java programming language, object-oriented programming, and unit testing principles.
Klausen Lab, Brandeis University
- Added new attributes to the lab’s database schema, updated records in bulk, ran queries in PostgreSQL, and modified the Django front-end interface to meet the researchers’ needs.
- Managed and trained a team of three computer science students by assigning tasks, maintaining tickets for bugs and feature requests, and facilitating communication with the front-end users in the Politics Department.
Last Call Media, Northampton, MA
- Responsible for completing tasks and following up with team members using the Scrum framework.
Kimball Physics, Inc., Wilton, NH
- Developed software in Python and LabVIEW to automate testing and streamline data acquisition for custom electron optics systems.
- Designed a software controlled high-frequency pulse signal generator using LabVIEW software and DAQmx hardware.
Projects and Team Management
Software Engineering Capstone: Health Decoder
- Designed and built a web application to help patients utilize healthcare resources and insurance in the United States on a team of four student developers.
- Designed and implemented the game logic and inventory system for an escape-the-room style game on a team of four student developers. Presented the final product at a game development showcase at Brandeis University.
- Implementation of John Conway's Game of Life as part of a research report on cellular automata.
Skills / Strengths
Proficient: Java, PostgreSQL, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Python, Django
Other: Git, Eclipse, JUnit, Blender, LavbVIEW, Agile, Scrum, Time Management, Public Speaking
Brandeis University, Waltham, MA
Master of Science in Computer Science, May 2018
Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, MA
Bachelor of Arts in Physics with Honors, Minor in Mathematics, May 2011